This week Clark bares all and challenges other candidates to do the same. He chooses a rather unfortunate name: the "Online Reading Room." Like we're going to while away the time, with a cup of tea, reading financial records.
He also described his plan to reverse the trend toward closed, secret government. Here's a summary:
Establish an Openness Doctrine:
1. Restrict the assertion of executive privilege.
2. Eliminate secret task forces.
3. Disclose all meetings with special interests.
4. Require lobbyists to reveal more.
5. Use the Internet to make government transparent.
Reverse Bush Secrecy Policies:
1. End hiding of documents through classification extension and FOIA rollbacks.
2. End the stonewall of the investigation of September 11th and Bush's Energy Task Force.
The plan is here in more detail. Needless to say, this is a good thing.